Call for Applications
German-speaking Media & Communications Traineeship
We are looking for a highly motivated, creative and proactive trainee to join our team in Brussels in mid-January (flexible start date). The candidate will specifically support Damian’s media & political communication work. The traineeship will last three months, until mid-April, with the possibility of an extension.
- Support Damian’s relations with journalists, media outlets and external stakeholders across Europe, with a focus to grow the presence in Germany
- Work closely with Damian & his team to craft political narratives for his policy priorities and help implement them through outreach and campaigns
- Coordinate Damian’s participation in public events and exchanges with experts, stakeholders, other MEPs and EU officials
- Turn Damian’s daily political and legislative work into content for various channels (Website, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, TikTok, YouTube, etc.)
- A curious and analytical mind, proactive attitude and the ambition to improve how things work in the EU
- Enthusiasm to work in a small team with loads of room for initiative and creativity
- A credible interest in the German and European media landscape and in tailoring political narratives to journalists and other stakeholders. Previous experience in press, media or communication are a plus, but not a necessity
- Very strong and demonstrable German writing skills; good communication skills in English; any additional language is a plus, but not a necessity
- An interest in design & video editing skills for social media (e.g. Adobe Illustrator, Canva, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.) is a plus, but not a necessity
What we offer:
- Gain first-hand experience in the work of a Member of the European Parliament
- Join a young and fun team of international people whose ambition it is to change the European Union for the better
- Work directly with Damian and his team on a day-to-day basis, participate in and contribute to all relevant meetings and calls, whenever the rules allow
- Interact with journalists, European and national policy-makers, academics and experts, with the chance to develop your own network of contacts
- Be remunerated in line with the European Parliament’s practice
If you are interested, please email your application documents to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 27.11.2023 (meaning 23:59:59 on 26.11.2023).
Please include the following documents in your application:
- Your CV
- A 1-page cover letter or a 2-minute (maximum) introduction video
- Any texts/videos/podcasts/articles/etc., which demonstrate your enthusiasm, media experience or writing skills or ability to communicate (in German)
We will be in touch once we have gone through all the candidacies. There will be a first interview with the team followed by an interview with Damian. A short case-study may be asked of you as well.
We are super excited to receive your applications!
Damian & Team